Review Global Retreading Conference(GRC) at The Tire Cologne 2018
At the opening day of The Tire Cologne, the 29th May 2018, BIPAVER held the first Global Retreading Conference in Europe. A high-class speaker line-up covering from technical to political and regulatory developments a wide spectrum of the global retreading business paired with a professional technical and logistical organisation motivated approx. 120 participants out of 18 countries to join the GRC.
Moderated by BIPAVER’s Technical Consultant, Michael Schwämmlein, and opened as well as closed by Patrick Sjolin, President of BIPAVER the following topics/speakers appeared (and with courtesy of the speakers all presentations can be downloaded here by following the individual links):
- Metal 3D printing technology for tire mould series production Ralf Frohwerk – SLM Solutions Group AG
- The Latin America’s Retreading Industry Overview Leandro Rigon – ALARNEU / Vipal Rubber
- Automation in the Retreading Operation Coen Heukshorst – VMI Holland BV
- Solvent free tyre repair systems Detlef Witt – Rema TipTop AG
- The actual state of the art of modern Tyre Inspection Stefan Dengler – SDS GmbH
- Retreading – a virtuous Circular Economy Model Jean-Pierre Taverne – ETRMA
- Overview of the US Retreading Market and improvements in plant efficiency David Stevens – TRIB
- The UK retreading market and strategies to survive as independent TBR Retreader Tim Hercock – RMA / Vacu-Lug Traction Tyres Ltd.
- The EU Retreading Market and its Challenges Tim van der Rijken – BIPAVER
- The Development of the Indian Retreading Market and its opportunitiesand challenges Paulose Varughese – Midas Treads Pvt. Ltd.
After each presentation open questions from the audience have been answered and discussed, giving participants the possibility to exchange their open points and views. The conference day passed very fast packed with loads of information about all aspects influencing retreading markets and their future development. At the end the Conference we gathered a lot of positive and inspiring feedback motivating the organisation team of BIPAVER and TTC to reflect about a possible re-launch at the TTC in 2020.
BIPAVER would like to thank again all speakers, their presentations and support made the “value” of the conference as well as the sponsors Marangoni, Vipal, RemaTipTop and Kraiburg allowing to offer free admission and catering to the participants. Last but not least special thanks the team of Koelnmesse and the support of the BRV and VACO at the event.
All photos by Koelnmesse